Product Line for Seasoning Mixing
Thailand is a leading country for food seasoning in Asia and we have many customers using mixers for mixing their various seasoning powder every year. In 2014, we successfully completed a food seasoning product line for a Thailand customer who provides Seasonings & Spices and Food Ingredients that are either essential elements or enhance specific product characteristics such as taste, texture, appearance, color and odor.
At first, that Thailand customer came to our factory to do the test by our trial mixer in 2013. After final test and analysis,is the best one to mix their product because they want to add 1% liquid additives into ingredient and need choppers to make homogeneously mixing and break agglomerates.
Through communication between each other, we designed 1000Land material fed manually by dumping station. Then, there is an intermediate hopper with rotary valve under mixer to control the material flow rate and then goes into centrifugal sifter. The process is as following: to intermediate hopper to centrifugal sifter to final IBC tank.
After agreement on this process, details design will be focused. The mixer is the most important part in this line. Following specifications onare what customer cared.
- Mixing Tool: The customer doesn’t want any bolt and screw inside mixer. So, our engineer design the plough shovel welded on shaft.
- Shaft Seal: Considering GMP requirement, the seal part needs to be cleaned frequently. The packing seal shall be replaced and taken out easily by worker. So, we choose split packing seal and air purge seal as option.
- Inspection Door: The door must be big enough for worker to access every corner inside mixer.
- Surface Treatment: Well polish at least Ra 0.8 for material contact part is necessary to meet food grade requirement.
- As for intermediate hopper, it should make every corner round and without dead space. The cover of hopper shall also be cone type to avoid flange.
Generally speaking, the design philosophy is to make process simple, easy operate and no dead space. The machines shall be easy to clean because ingredient change and frequent clean is needed for most foodstuff manufacturers.