500L Jacket type Conical Screw Mixer
According to the process requirement for mixer, some materials need to be heated and others need to be cooled. But how to achieve these process on mixer? We shall design and fabricate jacket on mixer. No matter ribbon blender, plough shear mixer, conical mixer and paddle mixer, the jacket is all fabricated at outside of vessel. This is widely used on mixers and there are some technical things need to be clarified with customer before design and manufacturing. So, we would like to discuss more details in jacket and what we should get to know from customers.
Before starting design, the mixer company shall make following questions clear from customer:
Basic Knowledge of mixing process and mixing product
- What’s the product to be mixed in mixer?
- What’s the process during mixing?
- What’s the moisture of raw material and what’s the moisture that customer need for final product?
- How’s the flow ability and viscosity of raw material?
- Is there any physical or chemical reaction during mixing?
We must get to know above questions clear before design because the mixing progress is complex during heating mixing for drying. Particularly for drying progress, the status of mixed material is different. Most product is from paste to more sticky to semi-dried to dry powder. At middle stage, it need much and strong power for drive unit to run the mixing agitator slowly. The torque is even double or triple than first and final stage. Furthermore, the middle stage also takes long time to make material dried. So, having full knowledge and information about product from customer is very important for us to design drive unit and choose a right mixer.
According to different process applications, the jacket could be divided into heating jacket and cooling jacket. According to the working medium in jacket, the jacket could be whole jacket, dimple jacket and coil jacket. What we shall to know before jacket design and choosing is as following.
- What’s the working medium in jacket? (Generally speaking, the working medium could be cooling water, hot water, hot oil and steam)
- What’s the working and design pressure in jacket? (According to ASME standard, the design pressure is 1.3 times than working design.
Typical Products Application
- Starch (modified starch)
- Ca Soap
- Food Powder with moisture
- Rubber and Cable
Looking from drying result, ploughshare mixer and conical mixer has a better drying result than ribbon blender and paddle mixer because their heating exchange of jacket is higher than ribbon blender. We shall also make jacket on cover of ribbon blender because the fabrication cost is much higher.