Ask An Expert
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, We can supply simple stand alone panels or automated PLC controlled systems. We normally install and test all controls on our mixers before they are shipped.
Yes, we normally test the mixers before they are shipped and mark out the wire need to connect on the control box.
We manufacture specialty mixing equipment for powder & bulk materials. Included are ribbon blender, plough mixer, conical screw mixer, twin shaft paddle mixer, V blender, double cone blender and other auxiliary equipment such as screw conveyor, quantitive auger filler.
We sell across the world, our cusotmers distribute 5 continents.
Share Us With Your Network
Pharmaceuticals & Medical supplies
• Antacid Powder Blends – containing sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate, citric acid and flavors are blended in large capacity Ribbon Blenders.
• Bioadhesives -bioadhesive dosage forms, such as laminated polymer films, mucoadhesive tablets and patches, are continually being investigated for drug delivery. The VersaMix with SLIM System has successfully been tested for preparing mucoadhsive formulations containing hydroxyethyl cellulose, polycarbophil and sodium CMC. Other Multi-Shaft, High Shear and Planetary Mixers are utilized for making hydrocolloid medical adhesives.
• Bone Graft Pastes and Bone Cement- supplies Double Planetary Mixers to manufacturers of bone grafting products. One such company’s previous mixing process took approximately 7 hours to complete a 1-quart batch. In a mixing trial at the Test & Development Center, this same product was made with a Double Planetary “HV” Blade Mixer in only 30 minutes. Another manufacturer’s application is resorbable osteoconductive bone graft substitute (BGS) particulate composed of two bioactive glass materials for which the HV blades are also performing exceptionally well. The PowerMix is likewise used for mixing components of various bone cement formulations.
• Collagen Solutions – for neurosurgery, reconstructive surgery and soft tissue repair. One customer utilizes a stringy collagen fiber product that they are precipitating in an ammonium hydroxide precipitation reaction. The stringy collagen would wrap around any agitator shaft of conventional design. They visited our T&D Center to evaluate the Double Planetary mixer with HV Blades as a possible way of mixing and precipitating the collagen without having the fibrous material wrap around the Helical HV blades. The test was exceptionally successful. Other customers have long been using our Planetary Mixers for various collagen-based applications.
• Dental Composites – The PowerMix and Double Planetary Mixers are used industry-wide to mix a number of formulations found in dental impressions and prosthetic devices. A customer replaced their three roll mill, which gives slower throughput and requires pre-mixing, with a 40-gallon PowerMix designed for operation under full vacuum up to 29.5″Hg. Vacuum is applied when necessary to de-air the product prior to packaging.
• Dental Pastes, Gels and Solutions – Abrasive dental pastes are mixed in Planetary Mixers with hard chrome-plated or Kynar-coated wetted parts. One of the largest suppliers of professional dental products in the world uses SLIM Systems to transform powder concentrates into liquid form. The SLIM Systems efficiently introduce 25 different powders into a combination of 59 different chemicals. The resulting mixtures are sold as liquid disinfectants that find various uses in dentists’ offices, from hand care to infection control to instrument sterilization. One of the powders being processed in the SLIM is benzocaine, an oral anesthetic also used to treat canker sores. This company also prepares their fluoride gels and pastes on Double Planetary Mixers.
• Tablet Granulations – Various types of Equipment are used by pharmaceutical companies in preparing wet granulations (where active solutions are sprayed to powder ingredients such as sorbitol, Cabosil fumed silica, corn starch, etc.) or in vacuum drying pharmaceuticals cake and pastes for transformation into free-flowing powders.
• Tablet Coatings – Cellulose powders and food coloring are efficiently blended into water through High Shear Mixers.
• Non-animal Gel Capsules – A major supplier of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical capsules have standardized on PowerMix and Discharge Systems for their non-animal gel capsules.
• Others: Components of blood reagents, transdermal patches, optical implants, eye drops, ointments, nanocomposites, drug vehicles, electrolyte solutions, vitamin supplements, gelatin compounds, fish oils, medial gels and putties.